Annual CDA House of Delegates (HOD)
The CDA house meets annually to set strategic direction on matters of dental policy & practice, elect officers of the association, establish membership dues, & act on recommendations to change CDA bylaws. The objective of a member of the SFDS delegation to CDA is to serve as the official representative of this Society to the CDA HOD & to endeavor at all times to fulfill duties in a manner which will promote the best interests of the organization and its members.
• Must be an active, life, or retired member of the San Francisco Dental Society, with membership in good standing.
• Has one (1) year of prior board service within the previous five (5) years or
• Is a current sitting board member or
• Is a new SFDS member with student delegate experience
Delegates: Current SFDS leadership are expected to serve as delegates to the CDA House of Delegates, with remaining delegates & alternate delegates selected from SFDS membership. Delegates must be members in good standing to be eligible for selection to serve as a delegate.
To ensure that a cross-section of representation & training occurs, the SFDS Board is committed recruiting a minimum of one new delegate each year.
Number of Delegates/Alternates: Currently, SFDS is allotted eight (8) delegates & up to eight (8) alternate delegates to the CDA House of Delegates.
Term/Tenure: One-year terms. An unlimited number of terms may be served.
Time Commitment: Approximately 32 hours per year.
Delegate Specific Responsibilities:
1. To read & become familiar with all meeting & background materials in advance of scheduled caucus meetings & HOD
2. To participate in & contribute to a reference committee
3. To serve as a mentor to a new delegate/alternate delegate if requested
4. To attend all caucus, reference committee, house, planning & networking meetings while in Sacramento or Southern California (or virtually).
5. To serve on a reference committee, if called upon
6. To network, build new relationships & maintain contact with delegates from other components
7. Alternate delegates: If one or more of SFDS’s 8 delegates is unable to attend the CDA House of Delegates meeting, the alternate delegate(s) shall be called upon to replace the unavailable delegate(s). Alternate delegates receive the same meeting materials as the delegates.
8. Delegates & alternate delegates commit to being available to attend the annual HOD either as a delegate or alternate delegate.
1. The CDA house of delegates meets annually, rotating the meetings between Sacramento & a southern California city.
2. The SFDS Pre-HOD Caucus Meeting is tentatively scheduled during the first week in November to discuss HOD action items, formulate strategy & to familiarize new delegates with the process. (Virtual)
3. CDA HOD Reference Committee is Friday, November 10, 2023, time TBA (Virtual)
4. CDA HOD in Sacramento, Hyatt Regency, Friday-Saturday, November 17-18, 2023
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BETWEEN DECEMBER 1, 2022 AND MARCH 31, 2023 FOR 2023 SERVICE.
Please be sure to submit:
1. A completed application
2. Your curriculum vitae (CV), no more than 3 pages in Word or PDF format, minimum 10 pt. font. CVs may include information regarding leadership and volunteer experience, education, professional experience, membership in professional organizations and any special awards you believe are relevant to the position in which you are applying. Please note that if your CV is longer than 3 pages, only the first 3 pages will be provided for consideration.