We are using a new shredding company this year, so things will be slightly different than they have been in the past. Please read the requirements carefully:
- NO X-RAYS/FILM ALLOWED
- Files MUST be in banker boxes or boxes approximately 15" x 12" x 10" - no bags or large boxes
- X-rays/film MUST be taken out of the files - we will not be able to take x-rays or film this year
- You need to have an accurate count of how many boxes you will be bringing because there will be a hard limit on how many boxes we can take - don't worry, if people have more boxes we will look to do another Shred-a-thon in the late summer
- The limit for each office is 20 boxes
- You can bring e-waste (desktop, office electronics), but we will need an accurate description of what you are bringing as there is a space limit
- You will need to reserve a 10-minute time slot between 3:00 and 6:00pm and bring your boxes during that window - we will take credit card information to hold the reservation but will only charge $20 if you do not show up at the event or do not cancel at least a week before the event
- Certificates of destruction will be handed out that day since the shredding will happen on site - you will also get your boxes back
Call the SFDS office at 415-928-7337 to reserve your spot and to report how many boxes you will be bringing.
Consent to use photos: Registration and attendance at or participation in SFDS events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to SFDS's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproduction, and audio tapes of such events.